Truth


                        Truth
      I believe that telling the truth is the better thing to do.
As I slowly cut my hair I knew that I could not tell my mom or she would never let this go easily. I knew that she would notice when I realized that I had cut it uneven. But when I told her surprisingly she let it go, and that’s probably the only time she will.
   Now I realize that telling the truth was the right thing to do after all. I was basically always scared of the mad side of my mom, and learned to never lie to your parents and always tell the truth. But I could always trust my mom with good advice. Lying is never going to make things easier in life.
   I have used this lesson in many ways since we were assigned it. It has been better for me because now I can tell the truth without getting in too much trouble, and when I don’t lie I get closer to getting a cell phone. Also I’m setting a better example for my younger brother. Not lying has been a awesome thing for me lately.
    I think writing this helped me learn a very valuable lesson, and I think that writing this has helped me overcome my fear of the bad side of my mom. This has helped me understand how other people feel when they lie. And now I’ve realized that it is a better idea to tell the truth instead of lie and suffer the consequence.
  Now I’ve learned to never lie again.

7 comments:

Waukee6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Waukee6 said...

Your thinking is very mature. I like the way you really thought about how this experience helped to shape your thinking. Good work!
-Mrs. Wetzel :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Waukee6 said...

Brenna,
I liked your This I Believe. It is always good to tell the truth.

Sri A.

Anonymous said...

Your essay was great! I really like how you said that writing this helped you by telling the truth.
-hanna n.

Anonymous said...

amazing work brenna! you are a very talented author! keep writeing.
form,
MaKayla.O

Post a Comment