Siblings are Loving

This I believe…

   I believe in hope, respect, indomitable spirit, and caring. The biggest one that I follow and that never runs out of is LOVE.

   I always thought that cutting hair would be fun when I was little; but I was eight, with a poodle dog, with scissors, what could go wrong? I started to just cut little bits when I heard my brother with his music blearing coming upstairs. Later that day he found it in a very bad hiding spot. I apologized many times while trying to blink back tears he patted me on the head. He wasn’t mad, and he forgave me. At first I didn’t get, but afterwards I had it, I was younger and still learning, these moments, he showed his brightest colors.

   This has taught me very much. It helped me understand that if you tell the truth it will lighten you’re punishment or even make it just a memory; however you still did the crime and maybe you should still have a little bit of the punishment ‘easier said than done.’ It helped me understand my brother as well, as a very caring person, and loving to his little sister. I find this a very useful lesson in many ways.

   My feelings were very strong. I felt carefree at first; but also not thinking at the same time. Once I realized what I had down once looking down at the little bits and pieces in my hand I grew red with tension, and I was very ashamed as well. I knew better and I still dared to do it, when I remember those moments I feel ashamed to remember the dog but I also laugh. It helped me learn how caring and loving my brother was. It always affects me in a positive way every time I remember this.

   Everything about this affects me in a positive way and makes me smile. I shall never forget this.

3 comments:

Waukee6 said...

I LOVE your title it is very strong!!!!!!!!!!!!


Jayci M

Waukee6 said...

I think this moment really linked you and your brother together. Very special!
Mrs. Wetzel :)

Anna R. said...

This essay is super good, Katie!! I could just see what happened- you used good detail!!! This essay was easy to relate to too. I remember doing something like that to my cat and then painting his fur colors! My parents got so mad, but after a while my cat was fine. Great job again, Katie!

Anna R.

Post a Comment