I Believe

I Believe


By Ben K.


     I believe that life isn’t always fair and sometimes you just have to deal with it. I was surprised and angry when my dad said I couldn’t go to the movie and my brother could. He said that my brother was older and more mature, so he could do more than me. My brother was going with his friends so I told my dad I was going to go a different time. Even though my dad said I couldn’t go until I was older I was still determined. I learned that life isn’t always fair and you just have to deal with it. I was angry and frustrated with my dad about not letting me go, but I know that life isn’t always fair and I can’t do anything about it. I also know that because my brother is older he is allowed to do more stuff than I can. I am still mad at my dad for not letting me go, but I learned a lesson.
     I have used this lesson a lot while making decisions. One thing I learned is that I can’t plan to do things just because someone else can. Another thing I learned was that I have to make a backup plan if I can’t do something I want. The final thing I learned was that I should not get excited and should not get ready for things until I know I can do them. I didn’t like that I couldn’t do to the movie, but it helped me in a way.
     Although I still feel mad about it, this experience has taught me a lot. I am still mad that I couldn’t go to the movie, but I hope I can get it for Christmas. Not being able to go has helped me understand that life isn’t always fair even though I didn’t like it. I know that because my brother is older he can do more, but I can do more than my sister. In a way this was a double-edged sword because I didn’t get to see the movie but I learned that life isn’t always fair.
     Every day there are unfair times, but you have to deal with them and understand it is not just you – everyone has unfair times.

2 comments:

Waukee6 said...

It is difficult when someone else gets to do something that you REALLY want to do. I enjoyed reading about your experience!
Mrs. Wetzel :)

Unknown said...

Good writing Ben!!! I feel just like you somedays.

Ian C.
(Mr. Goerend's 3/4 English)

Post a Comment