This I Believe

This I Believe
I believe that learning life isn’t fair is important. We would argue a lot more if people didn’t know that.

I was crying into my mom’s arms during the funeral, and I protested. “It’s not fair grandma is dead”. I kept pelting her with my “unfair speech” until she said that life isn’t fair. I was so sad I was angry actually. Defeat and disappointment surged through me. I learned that life isn’t fair. That day I learned a valuable lesson.

Now I know a lesson has been learned. Life isn’t fair and it never will be. Learning life isn’t fair is very important, but respect is also key. I was so sad my grandma died. Everyone else in my family felt the same.

The lesson I learned is a part of who I am, but also a part of others. I use this lesson lots of times. It could also be used on any given day. Other people can teach other people this lesson too.

I feel like that was probably one of the most important lessons of all. Everyone should learn this lesson. Many people could not live the same without it. I feel right now that I should be flexible if things don’t go my way, yet it is hard to be like that.

When you don’t get what you want, let it fly. I learned that in the lesson above.

5 comments:

Waukee6 said...

It is so hard to loose someone that you love. Thank you for sharing this very honest story.
Mrs. Wetzel :)

Anonymous said...

I liked that you really described how you felt about your grandma and you weren't afraid to right about it and I think that takes courage.
lucas Waage

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB ME! I liked how you told about all of your feelings and thoughts.

Max Urban

Anonymous said...

I liked how the story was described very carefully like you were crying in your moms arms during your grandpas funeral

Unknown said...

You did a good job writing about such a sensitive topic.

Ian C.

Post a Comment