This I Believe Essay

I believe honesty is the most important quality.

I was crushed and Santa wasn’t real. I was 6 and or 7 when I found out about this lie! I was bouncing chanting “Santa! Santa! Santa!” That’s when my older cousin walked up and said “Santa’s not real MaKayla.” She had officially crushed my winter spirit. Then later on I forgave her and realized she right to tell me.
I honestly think your parents don’t lie to hurt you, but to protect you. There are times when the truth must be told. When Rachel told the truth I may have been mad at first. She was right though. When my parents confirmed it I have to admit I was sad. In the end it all blew over.
I used this lesson to learn not everyone tells the truth. I have learned to be more honest. We all know that we will learn sooner or later. There for I’m happy to know the truth.



When I remember this event I’m happy Rachel told me. Its good to know the truth. People (I believe any ways) should always tell the truth. Santa will always be with me in my heart! This reminds me everyday to be honest.
Honesty is the most important quality!

3 comments:

Waukee6 said...

You are right... if parents lie to you it is to protect you not to hurt you. Thank you for sharing, MaKayla!
Mrs. Wetzel :)

Anonymous said...

I really liked how you gave a good example about parents lying. I enjoyed reading this.
-hanna n.

Anonymous said...

I like your This I Believe! I liked your word choice. I also liked how you told us how your parents told you that santa wasn't real. I know someone who still believes in santa. I told her it wasn't ture but she didn't believe me.

Post a Comment