The Toy

I believe that everyone should have respect for other people and their property.

I couldn’t believe my eyes, the toy was a masterpiece. It was a nice day outside and I was playing with my friend. I got an idea that I regret doing today. My friend warned me but I didn’t listen to him.

My Mom had dropped me off at my preschool. My friend and I went outside to play. While we were on the swing set, my eye got hooked on a toy that a boy had and it was the best I ever saw. So, my friend and I thought it was okay to just take the toy from the boy. We went over and took the toy. But, we got caught in the act of taking the toy and the boy started to cry. He wanted to have his toy back, so I gave it to him. But, my friend and I still got in trouble.

I learned that even though you want something and it is someone else’s property and not yours, you don’t have the right to take it or steal it. I know it is wrong to take anything that is not mine. The lessons to be learned from this disaster are to respect other people and their property, don’t steal and know that there will be a punishment if you do.

Something’s to remember before you hurt someone by taking their property are friends are great to have when you are sad or mad. You can tell them anything but by being disrespectful you can ruin your reputation. Stealing is not good and it will only make matters worse. I need to remember that it will take a long time to build the trust back up with my friend after I have hurt them. So, think before you do something and don’t do anything you will regret.

7 comments:

Waukee6 said...

Nate, You learned a valuable lesson that day. Your reputation can take years to build but minutes to destroy. Nice work!
Mrs. Wetzel

Anonymous said...

Dear Nate
That was a really good This I Belive story i hope it all worked out with the toy and things.

Anonymous said...

that las commet was by Devonte C

Anonymous said...

very impressive nate!!!!!!!!! :)
from,
MaKayla.O

Anonymous said...

cooooooooooooooool dude!!!!!!!!!!!

Shea C said...

nice one Nate

Anonymous said...

i do to nick

Post a Comment