Honesty

I believe that when someone does something wrong, they should always tell the truth, even if there is consequences.
I sat my baby sister on the dresser an looked at the new haircut I just gave her. It all started with me wanting to be just like my mom, a hair cutter. So a day when my mom was gone, she left Emily, who was reading, in charge. I felt like it was the perfect opportunity. My baby sister, Haley, had just grown in some hair so it was just right. I took the scissors out from my bag, and I started cutting. I thought it looked good, but it looked horrible. When my mom got home and saw Emily reading, she thought everything was fine, but when she saw Haley, she freaked! I lied and told her everything was not my fault, but she knew better and I got in huge trouble.
What I realize now is that lying doesn't make it better, it only makes matters worse. When this happened, I was terrified of what was going to happen, because I knew I was in trouble. But at the same time I was glad that my mom knows me well enough to know when I'm telling the truth or not. Plus I'm disappointed in myself. When this happened I learned that a lie is like a mask, what's inside it is the truth.
I have used this lesson since to help my life by trying my best not to lie. It helped me listen and also be more honest. This makes me think of the consequences before acting. This also helped me figure out that you don't have to go overboard on everything. If you have a goal, just take it little steps at a time, but don't do it all at once.
When I think of this event now, I realize how funny and dumb it really was. It really wasn't that big of a deal. I think I was dumb because I shouldn't have been scared of telling the truth, but I should have been scared of lying. Although not everything can be a win-win situation, there always a better side, the truth.
Being honest is a big part of life so you have to learn it in order to be successful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hanna... I can only imagine what you sister's hair must have looked like! I'm glad you learned an important lesson from this experience. Good Work!
Mrs. Wetzel :)

Anonymous said...

Hanna I hope you gave her a good haircut!

Corey M

Anonymous said...

This is great I remember my first puppy here is my story about her.
Two weeks after my family came back from Alaska,we went looking for a dog. Me and my sister were so happy to look for dogs so we went to the animal rescue league. I had a good feeling about getting a puppy that day. My mom tried to to talk use into a cat. But me and my sister said ''no deal''. Because we rather have a dog because a dog is way more fun. I like cats and dogs too but I rather have a dog. We saw a cat room and a dog room. There was about 7 dogs in the front but we only look at one dog and her name was Runtie we looked at her to see if she was a good dog. But the people at the animal rescue league but she had allergies. But we didn't know what they were so we didn't get here. After that we looked at one more dog and my sister thought her name was piper so we got her out. She smelled like a garbage can I think she had her bath yet. So we messed around with her for about 15-20 minutes and then we came to a decision We begged my mom for the dog. So we got the puppy for 125 dollars which wasn't a bad price. We took her home and called her Miss Piper because she need a m for the first letter in her name. But on the way to petsmart she had little yellow accident in the car. So we cleaned it up. Then we went to petsmart to shop for her. Then we went home.

Post a Comment