Believe You Can Achieve

I believe that in everyone’s life there is a time where something doesn’t go your way, but you should just shake it off and try harder.
In a split second it happened, the ball was in the catcher’s glove and I was out. I had been in a baseball game. It was the 9th inning and I had just been struck out. The game was basically over. I felt terrible. My team lost hope and so did I. After the game, I told my dad about my desire to get better. My dad recommended that we go to Strike Zone, which is a batting cage athletic club. Now I was dedicated. I was practicing at Strike Zone every day and progressing fast. When it came time for the next game and it was my turn at bat, I was ready. When the pitch came across the plate, the crack of the bat sounded out into the field. I had drove the ball out into center field. Two runs scored and the game was ours.
Something I learned from this event is that you learn from your mistakes. When I think about feelings that were a part of this event, the first ones that come to my mind are sorrow and joy. The sorrow that I felt when I struck out and we lost and the joy that came from hitting the ball and winning. Whenever I rethink this event, I realize just how big of a help my dad was to me. He was with me all the time supporting and helping me through it. Not only was I feeling the joy of becoming better, but my dad and fellow teammates did as well.
Now when I reflect back to this event, I realize that through dedication I impacted myself in many different ways as well. As a result of that event, I had also become a better person by becoming more confident. Throughout this time in my life, I realized that my dad was always there for me whether it was at practice, Strike Zone, or at a game. He was there encouraging me and telling me how to do something better. One important lesson I learned was that a person should never give up. By thinking of the positive things and not the negative things you will keep getting better and better. When I really think hard about this event I am certain that without it happening to me, a lot of other things would not have been possible.
The way I look at failure has changed as a result of that day. Something everyone should realize is that at some point in their lives, things are not going to go as they had hoped or planned. You just have to look for that golden opportunity to prove yourself. I never really realized until after my event just how lucky I was to have a dad who was always there helping and encouraging me. No matter how old I am, I will always remember that.
In everyone’s life, there is a time where something doesn’t go your way. You should just shake it off and try harder. What will you choose?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your desire to get better and to take responsibility to make that happen. You are lucky to have a dad that is willing to help!
Mrs. Wetzel :)

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome I read it like three times. (Not kidding) It was super good and the title was convincing. You put a lot into this.

Katie R.

Anonymous said...

this, this I believe is one of the best i have read i loved the detail. your friend Ethan klement

Post a Comment