The scary ride

This I believe
I believe that in life you should have confidence in your self, and help someone that doesn’t. Me and my family were at the Mall of America, and we were headed tot a ride I was scared to ride. The ride was big and scary. After seeing people scream on that ride, I asked my dad to ride with me. He said yes. That day my dad gave me confidence and made me feel invincible. I felt like he was a hero.
I learned that if I am scared to ride something I should try it but if it is to scary then I should ask someone to ride with me. Now I feel like a dork and a baby for riding that ride with my dad. Now I realize that if I want to be a dork and a baby then I would want to ride on a ride with someone. There is a certain point in life that you will get scared of something and then you would want someone’s help. I was scared to death when I noticed that we were headed to a scary ride. When my dad said he would ride with me, because he saw the fear in my eyes. I felt invincible! If my dad hadn’t rode with me I would have screamed until the ride was over and I would have never wanted to ride another ride again.
I have used this lesson to help me be a strong person, and also made me help myself get more confidence in myself. After my dad rode that ride with me it kind of made me feel invincible! I felt kind of glad that my dad was with me when we were riding that ride. From now and on I will always remember back to that day and think of what would have happened if my dad wasn’t there that day.
When I think back to that event, I can notice that I feel invincible, and not as scared as I was when I saw that ride. Just remember that you probably have something that you are scared of. There is a chance that one day you see that someone needs help, but you don’t want to help. But then you think back in you life and think about the times someone has helped you, then you would probably want to help them. If I want to be a real person then I would want to help people who need help. This event in my life reminded me that I should take care of myself, but if someone needs help I should help.
So if you want to be a nice caring person then help someone that needs help and make a difference in someone’s life.



By: Sri Akkina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Job! I liked how you said you felt invincible and I thought that you used good describing words!
Lucas Waage

Anonymous said...

Sri, What a cool thing you learned that day! You not only learned about what it means to ask for someone else when you are scared, but also how to be there for someone else when THEY are scared. Good work!
Mrs. Wetzel :)

Anonymous said...

this was a very good this i believe essay. but i thint that you could have shared a little bit more detail and, you also said i felt invincible a lot of times but other wise it was a great essay congratulations
ethan klement

Post a Comment