Honesty

I believe that honesty is very important life. Honesty is always better than lying.
I paced back and forth in my room. I didn’t know why I was sent to my room, yet I got sent to my room. So that must mean that lying is not good and is very bad. When I got home from school my parents asked me how my day was and I lied and said it was good. They got an email from my teacher saying I did not have a very good day. So I got sent to my room.
I realize now that honesty is always better than lying. Telling the truth never fails, nor does honesty. Back then I didn’t know that lying was a really bad thing and that I never should lie. I know feel ashamed that I didn’t quite now that lying was never a good thing.
I have used this lesson to be who I am today. This lesson made me think twice before I ever lie. It made me appreciate truth, and honesty a lot more than I ever used to.
Also that small things are also important. It’s amazing to me that such a small thing changed who I am today.
When I think back know I feel embarrassed that such a small thing taught me such a big lesson. I now know that lessons come at any time and anywhere. Also that sooner or later your going to have to learn a lesson. Either at a small event or time or a big event or time. An event doesn’t have doesn’t have to be big to teach you something big or valuable in life. Even though now I am embarrassed it really helped me.
My conclusion to this is that even the smallest things are important.

-Lucas Waage

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucas-- Isn't it amazing how such a small moment in our lives can make such an impact!?! I'm glad you have grown from this experience. Nice work!
Mrs. Wetzel :)

Waukee6 said...

I know how you feel. I did the same thing a few months ago. But learned the same lesson. Honesty is good.
-Arik Russell

Anonymous said...

I like how you told us lots of details like pacing back and forth in your room. :-]

mAx UrBaN

Brandon B said...

Yup. Honesty is always good even if not much people use it now a days.

Post a Comment