Revenge

Revenge
By: Taylor Gates

My stomach was rumbling like thunder, pounding to get some food. I wanted something sweet like no other, a banana Laffy Taffy! That day I also wanted revenge. Just then, I realized I would blame my sister, Tara! I tried to find something sturdy to stand on so I could get the good, sugary stuff. The day I showed knowledge, and lied, I realized it is always better to tell the truth!


What I realize now is that I learned the hard way back then! I noticed that it is WAY better to tell the truth than to tell a lie. You will get in bigger trouble if you don’t tell the truth than if you do. Especially, if even with the stool I used to reach the good stuff, Tara still couldn’t reach it! When I noticed how Tara got in trouble, I was a nervous wreck! When I finally told the truth, it made me feel much better in many ways. I was relieved to get it out of the way, and not have to worry about it. There was still one thing I had stuck in my head; I blamed Tara for something she didn’t do. You can also remember this, nobody’s perfect!

I noticed, if I want some candy, it is way more convenient to ask my parents instead of getting in trouble. Rather than telling a lie, and not telling the truth, a lie will get you in bigger trouble and you wil have more consequences. It makes me think twice in times like that. I never wanted to get in trouble. All I wanted was to be a goody goody but that’s not always the right answer. I am surprised that one little lie affected my way of life. Now, I want to tell the truth all the time!

Today, I feel really bad that I blamed Tara for something she wasn’t even a part of. I lied about two things, 1. I said Tara did take that “ rotten candy.” 2. I said I didn’t eat that sugary goodness. Tara also tried to convince my parents it wasn’t her but back then she was kind of a troublemaker! I kept saying, “ No, I didn’t take it. Tara took it!” That disgraceful sentence only a liar would say.

This situation has reminded me of most of the lies I have said. It has taught me that if you do something bad and lie about it than tell the truth, you will get in a lot more trouble then if you told the truth! That was my story about when I showed knowledge!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum... banana Laffy Taffy! :) It is difficult to be honest when you've done something you know you shouldn't do. I'm glad you learned such a valuable lesson.
Mrs. Wetzel :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Taylor,
Iloved your This I Believe. It remiends me of the times i had lied to someone.

Sri A.

Anonymous said...

Your this I Believe is so good i really like it and BTW I also love the title!! LOL
Dori P.

Anonymous said...

Good work it makes sese I laked it

Post a Comment